NBC has ruined the Tour de France - and where the f*ck is Magilla Gorilla ?
Pavan Pharter
2019-07-20 11:30:21 UTC
First we have that idiot Bob Roll who adds about as much intel as a talking bag of rocks.

Next there is Phil Liggett, who's raspy voice is irretrievably and forever linked to having Lance's remaining nut and shaved ball sack deep in his throat for nearly a decade.

Lastly, and I haven't even watched a moment of this year's tour to even know of this is true but some dickhead (or group of dickheads) decided it would be a good idea to give Lance Armstrong a say and a spotlight.

Haven't you fuckwits learned anything? Might as well have Dr. Ruth and Hillary Clinton on discussing Hillary's sex life and how fat Jenna Bush is.

Magilla - come back to RBR - stop hanging out with the cunts on Facebook with Henry Chang as your overlord. You might as well have spayed and neutered you bad monkey
HankB
2019-07-21 19:02:07 UTC
If you need more Lance Armstrong, he's doing a podcast called THEMOVE and you can subscribe in your favorite podcast catcher or just go to https://player.fm/series/themove and listen.

HTH
SLTom992
2020-03-01 17:00:30 UTC
Post by Pavan Pharter
First we have that idiot Bob Roll who adds about as much intel as a talking bag of rocks.
Next there is Phil Liggett, who's raspy voice is irretrievably and forever linked to having Lance's remaining nut and shaved ball sack deep in his throat for nearly a decade.
Lastly, and I haven't even watched a moment of this year's tour to even know of this is true but some dickhead (or group of dickheads) decided it would be a good idea to give Lance Armstrong a say and a spotlight.
Haven't you fuckwits learned anything? Might as well have Dr. Ruth and Hillary Clinton on discussing Hillary's sex life and how fat Jenna Bush is.
Magilla - come back to RBR - stop hanging out with the cunts on Facebook with Henry Chang as your overlord. You might as well have spayed and neutered you bad monkey
After that comment about Bob Roll why don't you make the same sort of comments about the others? Bob was a not too shabby racer. He could climb with anyone but was assigned as a water carrier. No other person on Earth could have caught Andy Hampsten in that snow storm in order to give him heavy clothing.

Are you supposing you could?
Davey Crockett
2020-03-05 09:02:10 UTC
Sadly this used to be a great Forum
Davey Crockett
SLTom992
2020-03-21 20:51:28 UTC
Post by Davey Crockett
Sadly this used to be a great Forum
--
Davey Crockett
I was thinking the same thing myself. Every year the speeds go up and every year we hear the "doping" claims. They didn't go up any faster during the time of Armstrong than they do today because the increased speeds are due to shortening the courses.

Doping may give you the idea that you're faster but it is entirely a matter of who is doing what. With Team Ineos they carry the team leader along until the last second.

With other teams they used to have several fast riders and the team leader would rely on one or two stages to build a lead while everyone else would be burned out by the lesser team members making their break-aways early and becoming a serious threat to other teams. Things haven't changed a whole lot with the top teams who instead of having members in break-aways simply hold the fastest pace possible and protect their leader so that everyone else is floundering in the last minutes of the stage.

Racing professionally has become quite systematic with the only surprises coming when people cannot hold to the plan. But amateur racing and early season pro races retain that thrill that is often missing in the grand tours.

Category A and B racers put out the same power as the pros and you can find them locally. That is the real racing.